On the 23rd I sat at the VIC studio with Linnéa and we decided to change some textures since the rooms were pretty dark and cold. After searching for more colourful wall textures we chose the one with green tiles (to the left). I also searched for more models in the Unity asset store we could use in our rooms to make it more coherent with the cartoonish playful feel we are going for.
I had to soften the edges on the pattern of the green tiles as the one from the web had visible lines when repeated:
We divided the work we were supposed to do until today (29th of November) and my responsibilities were to update the graphics and make the feel of the rooms more playful, as well as make objects more consistent and if possible cartoonish. I'm also supposed to "finalise the puzzle" which I will try to do in the VIC studio tomorrow as it is problematic to make the objects in right size without using the HTC vive (since the objects has to be the right size to reach the buttons). I will connect the rooms with each other when they are finalised which will be tomorrow.
I've tried to make a new room that involves a handle that the player have to grab to make boms fall from above into the cauldron. The idea of this room would be to have the player grab the handle then catch the bomb which will then be used to destroy things (kids LOVE to destroy things) and in that way find the button to advance into the next level. However I have not been able to get the code for this to work and will try to fix it tomorrow if possible.
I also implemented a background that I got from the Unity asset store. The clouds moves and it's nice to see the cartoonish surrounding when looking through the window that Linnéa has made. Being able to look out the window and see such a colourful and peaceful surrounding makes it feel more open and less claustrophobic. It's also cool to see the perspective of the mountains and clouds change as the player falls from one floor to the next.




Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar