Final presentation is coming up and since my last post we have been trying to do as much as possible in the project. After the testing on Monday the 4th (which I missed because I was sick) we found that there were more things that we wanted to fix before the final presentation. After lunch I met with Linnéa and Olivia and I helped out with the programming of the website along with Olivia as well as fixed some smaller problems in our game but since the Vive was occupied in VIC we could try the game. Instead I booked the Vive the next day in hopes that we could solve most of the problems then. In the evening I implemented the SceneManager.LoadScene code that would only have two loaded scenes on simultaneously to minimise the use of CPU and keep hopefully keep the fram rate above 90fps to not make the user nauseous.
So today me and the girls met at the VIC-studio at 10 but couldn't use the Vive until after 11 and tried the game again. We saw that while the frame rate was higher and more stabilised than before but still not at 90fps. When looking at the profiler in Unity to find the problem I saw that VSync used 80% of the CPU at all time and spiked when the user looked down (at the other levels). It spiked even though the scenes were no longer loaded at the same time. I tried looking up ways to solve this problem but couldn't really find anything. I also found out that developers had been encountering this problem since 2013. In the end to get around this CPU problem we had to build and then run our game as it was the only way to keep the fram rate high enough to not be lagging when the user looks down at the floor. We still have a couple of problems but most are fixed and it should be good enough to show it and test it tomorrow at the presentation!
onsdag 6 december 2017
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Final presentation
Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The ...
-
We had our first demo of our project today! However, we had some problems merging our things before the demo. Linnéa and I sat yesterday at ...
-
Final presentation is coming up and since my last post we have been trying to do as much as possible in the project. After the testing on Mo...
-
Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The ...

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar