fredag 8 december 2017

Final presentation

Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The presentation itself went well and people seemed to like several aspects of it. A concern that Daniel from Logtown Studios shared with us was the age of our target group. A few companies such as HCT and Oculus does not recommend children under the age of 13 to use their VR product because there hasn't been done extensive research on how prolonged use can affect eyes that aren't fully developed yet. This was a concern I had already told some group members about since Daniel had asked me about it previously when he gave us a guest lecture a few weeks back. Back then I suggested to target children +13 instead of kids under that age. They might have forgotten about this decided to proceed with our original target group even though knowing this.

After all the presentations were done Daniel wanted to try our game but since we still had bugs that weren't solved he couldn't try it as he easily gets motion sick from lagging VR games. The most distinct and obvious bug he found was the distortion of the camera which made his actions in VR not correspond to those in real life. As this would cause him to get motion sickness we tried to find a easy fix together but not even he could find the source of this problem and solve it. I will try to spend some time next week and hopefully fix the last bugs including this bug if possible.


General reflection on the group work and progress of the project:
Now that the project is (kind of) done I am happy with my contribution and quite happy with the outcome of the game. I do feel that there's several things that could have been done better and more efficiently but it's always easy to say that in hindsight. If I were to do this project again with the knowledge I have now I would probably have started by nominated myself as the project leader. That's because I felt that my group wasn't very organised and people didn't always know what to do and therefore at time slacked. The contribution to the project was therefore quite unevenly spread between the group members. I also felt it was difficult getting my voice heard in the group. There was a member of the group that had very strong opinions and was at times difficult to work with and if I were to have gone back in time I would probably have decided not to work with him. On the bright side I feel like he has made me perform the best of my abilities as I felt he was quite condescending when we first started the project which in turn motivated me to prove myself and always be better.

On a more positive note I loved that we ended up making a VR game! It was much easier than I had thought before starting this course. Because of my new found interest in VR I've talked with Daniel about possibilities of working part time or partake in one of their project at his company, Logtown Studios, as I want to work more with VR and learn more about the makings of a game. I will also definitely take the Advanced graphics course next year!

Signing out,
Linette









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Final presentation

Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The ...