torsdag 30 november 2017

(De)Bugging

So today Linnéa and I met at the studio after lunch and tested our game. The first and probably the biggest problem we found was that the frame rate of the game was very low (around 60 but piked to 30fps or even 15fps at times). So first I tried to make most of the light sources in the stairs "baked" so they didn't have to render in realtime which I thought could bring the frame rate up to 90fps but when that didn't solve the problem I tried to make more of the objects in the staircase static. When that didn't work either I was quite confused until I realised that the fram rate was at it's lowest when the user looks down. This was because of the game trying to render all objects in the levels underneath the player even though it's not visible to the player. Just quickly searching on google we found something called "SceneManager.LoadScene" that we could use to only load the scenes that the player is interacting with. Instead of focusing on solving this problem right away I focused on finding as many bugs in the game as possible so that we could split the problems to the other members of the group. This is a list of some problems. Hopefully most of these problems will be fixed until Monday when we have invited a few test subjects to try our game.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Final presentation

Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The ...