tisdag 14 november 2017

Update - "the unity expert"

After we had presented our puzzle tower idea on Monday the 6th we decided that the entire group was going to get more familiar to unity by doing some tutorials and read up on how to implement HTC vive until this Thursday (the 9th) so that we could try the equipment at the VIC studio. I played around in Unity and created this room in which I then imported the SteamVR from the Unity asset store and implemented the controls needed for us to test the program with the VR equipment.



On Thursday the 9th we met and tried my scene as I was the only one who had done something we could test. We played around, continued to build and tested the project while being at VIC the entire afternoon. Since I was the one who built the scene we tested and was the most comfortable with Unity I was in charge during this session. I also got named "the unity master". During this session we added a second floor (level) as well as two clickable buttons. We succeeded in connecting the buttons so that when it's clicked the player falls through the floor onto the next level (YAY!).

At the end of this session we decided that each member would make a room of their own until yesterday (13th of November) so we could try and see what aspects of each rooms we like the most. I Continued working on my two rooms and got this: 
 
This wasn't exactly the feel I had intended when I did the sketch since this scene is a lot darker and smaller. It was hard to reach some objects so I had to make the room smaller so we wouldn't collide with real life objects when testing it at the VIC-studio. But I still liked the idea of having many interactable objects so I added many books and other smaller objects. I added stairs with objects in them to enhance the illusion of falling when the player is falling to a new level.  On the second level I also added in objects such as a cauldron, pumpkin, magical staff, lanterns and candles as it ties in more with our storyline being that we're a dragon locked inside the evil wizards tower. Since I added a cauldron I thought "why not be able to use it?". Therefore I wrote a script that I added to it with an smoke effect so that when the user throws something in the cauldron there will be a visual feedback of that the thrown object now is in the cauldron (Hopefully our sound master Linnéa can apply some sounds later as well!). I'm thinking of incorporating the use of the cauldron to the puzzle but will need to think more about that.





















The group will continue working on their respective rooms and I will connect the different rooms on Friday before the presentation.






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Final presentation

Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The ...