tisdag 7 november 2017

Sketches and Ideas

So it's been a while since we started this project... We had a rough start with group members not being able to agree to one game idea. After booking a meeting with Björn, on 2nd of November, we agreed to make a puzzle game in VR. While still not knowing what kind of puzzle we wanted to make, we started sketching scenes a few days later. Since we knew we wanted to have the player fall through the floor when a level is cleared all we knew was that the game would be played in a tower. So this was my sketch of a possible puzzle room:

The idea behind my sketch was that it should be a cozy room with lots of interactable objects. I wanted it to feel like a safe and mysterious place (at least not scary) since we decided to make it a game for people around the age of 15. I also thought it could be a nice place for someone that hadn't been in virtual reality to play around with the many different objects. Since we didn't know what kind of puzzle we wanted I also thought that we could use some of the objects as a part in the puzzle, for example arranging books in a certain way to unlock a key to clear a level. After showing my sketch we talked about making a story for the game and decided that the user will be a dragon locked in the tower by an evil wizard. I like this idea as we then could explore more "magical objects" (things floating in midair, magical spells and so in). I think this is good as it's a great opportunity for us and the users to experience some of the endless amounts of possibilities of being in VR. 

I also started making our logotype that we then used during the presentation of our game idea. I started with the logotype to the left just to get a feel of what we would want and with the groups comment I then iterated the design a few times until I got the logotype to the right.



... And one other member of the group finalised the logo


The idea of the logotype was to incorporate the tower as the entire game will be in a tower. We wanted the game to be cartoonish since that would be better suited for our audience so I also wanted the logotype to reflect on that. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Final presentation

Worked with Olivia yesterday on the website during the evening so we would have a nice website to how when we presented our game today. The ...